After spending months last year secretly working on this, It's finally out: my new book!
The Daily Artist is a creative journal, a book that you draw in (or write or scratch or scribble), full of creative exercises. The book is meant to be fun, help you look at the world a tiny bit differently, give you some new ideas, and get you drawing.
Buy it online:
(free worldwide shipping)
Direct from the publisher: Peter Pauper Press
Ask for it at your local book store or check Indie Bound.
Here's how Amazon describes it:
- Visual and verbal prompts by Johns -- witty, playful, and zany -- will inspire you to pick up that pen or pencil!
- Draw different tattoos, connect random dots, complete sketches already started, and much more.
- No rules here -- its all about having fun and looking at things differently!
- Elastic band attached to back cover keeps your place or keeps journal closed.
- Acid-free archival paper takes pen or pencil beautifully.
- Who knew a creative journal could amuse, entertain, and challenge this much?
- 160 pages. 6-1/4 inches wide by 8-1/4 inches high.
The book has rules:
If you get the book, share what you've done in it! I'd love to see how you use it. Put photos online and use the hashtag #thedailyartist, so we can all see how everyone is using the book.
Local note: my wife spotted the book in (the amazing) Bolen Books at Hillside Mall, and in Pharmasave in Oak Bay.